Sessions are held at various times throughout the year.
Classes consist of four daily beginner group riding lessons plus classroom and hands on type instruction on the following:
- Safety around horses both on the ground and in the saddle
- Parts of the horse and tack
- Describing horses, breeds, disciples, colors and markings
- Basic horse keeping information and skills
AGE AND WEIGHT LIMIT
- We recommend children be at least 6 years old to benefit from these classes.
- There is no upper age limit.
- We have had adults and seniors attend with benefits to all.
- To protect our horse's backs, there is a weight limit of 200 pounds for all riders.
CLOTHING REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL RIDERS
- Shoes or boots with heels
- Comfortable long pants but NO denim jeans
- An ASTIM F1163-15/SEI Certified helmet. ( We have Certified school helmets available for use, but you may prefer to bring your own.)
Registration is accepted "first come, first served", and is limited to 6 participants per session.
Please complete the REGISTRATION and LIABILITY RELEASE FORM PACKET (*** forms can be downloaded here), file either mail it to or drop it off at:
Misty Meadows Horse Farm
1309 Ben T Huiet Highway
Clarkesville, GA 30523
GET YOUR COMPLETED REGISTRATION FORMS IN EARLY!
Registration will close at the time the class is filled. If you do not hear from us, assume your registration has been accepted for the session you have requested. We will notify you if your registration form is received after the class has been filled.
$140 will be due on the first day of class and may be made by cash, check, or credit card.